[ic] urgent: help needed.

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 29 09:42:01 2002

> If I rm products.sql from /rpo
> and have it rebuilt then my
> rpo catalog is okay and the
> training is wiped out.
>
> I imagine if in go and rm /training/products.sql
> then the training/ catalog will rebuild
> products.sql and /training will work
> and /rpo not.

I'd bet money that your DNS is the same for both catalogs.   So even
though the catalogs are in different directories and using different
products.txt, once you remove the products.sql file the catalog loads
information into whatever database you have specified, thereby
overwritting whatever information was in there to start with.  (I hope
you have backups).

Check you catalog.cfg file for the DNS definition in both catalogs.
If they are identical, that's your problem.  To fix it, create a new
database and adjust one of the DSN entries to point to it, put correct
products.txt files in both products directories, remove products.sql
files and restart.

Marty