[ic] Admin login and password info

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 29 16:33:00 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Robert Brandtjen
>
> can anyone tell me how IC stores the admin login and password ? does
it do
> this in an encrypted file that is not part of the real unix users?
> specifically, can say root change the IC password by typing " passwd
> icadmin"?
>
> or does it have to be changed within IC (hopefully) and is unreadable
by
> human eyes ?

Robert,

The admin users for IC are stored in access.gdbm and the password is
encrypted.  The admin users are not stored in /etc/passwd like normal
users are on a linux system, therefore the passwd command will not
change the user's passwd.  You'll need to change the password in the
admin UI.

Take it easy,
-Ron