[ic] Paranoid Logging?

John Young interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 30 16:03:00 2002

> Is there a way to enable logging of some kind of the cgi socket
> communications to the IC daemon?
> percentages are fairly stable throughout the day), but for twenty
> minutes at a time, the number of submits drops from 6-8 per minute
> (average) to zero.  This makes no sense to me, and at lower volumes I
> Any other logging/debug stuff I could do to help pinpoint the problem
> would be appreciated as well.

You might consider running  process accounting (acct/accton) with sa reports
at a fine grain interval (like 5 minutes or less), then look for correlations
with the "brownout" periods and periods of various resource starvation
or whatever.

Not sure if a packet sniffer between the boxes would yield anything
useful or not without a bunch of effort.  You could build a proxy that
logged using netcat or perl, I suppose, if you were desperate.

-JY