[ic] IC - Queries

Sun Mar 31 21:34:01 2002

Quoting shrikant  khanapurkar (k_shrikant123@rediffmail.com):

> All users of IC,
>
> I shall be highly oblige for giving/suggesting me how to overcome
> on following points.
>
> 1] In Foundation, there are 2 entries for every category in the
> cat table
>    :00027 16 Breathing Protection 05 name simple
> category=Breathing Protection
>    :00002  8 Breathing Protection 05 name simple
> category=Breathing Protection
>
> Does anyone know why? Are they necessary?

One is for horizontal categories, and one for the standard vertical.
You can get rid of the one that is for page area "top" if you don't
use horizontal categories.

> 2] I have noticed that sales tax calculation isn't working
> properly. Suppose I am  working on a store that has non-taxable
> items and I can't seem to get these non-taxable items excluded
>  from being taxed.
>
> Anyway heres some info from my setup
>
> (catalog.cfg)
> --------------
> SalesTax __TAXFIELD__
> TaxShipping __TAXSHIPPING__
>
> (salestax.asc)
> --------------
> default [fly-tax]
>
> I'm missing something somewhere. Really appreciate anytips,
> pointers, etc. on how to set up items as nontaxable.
>
> i greatly appreciate that there's any documentation available, but
> it's really hard to follow examples that actually don't exist.

I assume you selected the "tools" personality for foundation.

You probably just need to set it in etc/after.cfg, or simply remove
etc/after.cfg if you are not using dealer pricing.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown