[ic] Status of Paypal Intergration

Tue Apr 30 23:46:01 2002

At 10:30 PM 4/30/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Beating on a dead horse... (about Paypal.com integration).
>
>I'm finally ready to start implementing!   Thank you Dan Browning for
>pointing out that you can't install to two servers simultaneously.  At
>least this is part of what I derived from our conversation and you were a
>life saver.  Without this tip, I could have been pulling my hair out for
>ANOTHER two months...  Please correct me if I'm wrong but I found
>bin/makecat to work MUCH better when you're not trying to force the
>catalog to install to a separate secure server.
>
>Anyhow, now that I'm starting setup, I discover that there are six payment
>options standard in the system.  Unfortunately, my favorite option,
>PAYPAL.COM is not one of those.  Exercising due diligence, I have searched
>the archives for approximately one hour but have not come across a
>solution.  Found a lot of folks asking the question in the fall of 2001,
>and a couple of promises, but did not find a message that implied a
>solution has been found.
>
>So... what is the status on the Paypal Intergration?   I have
>traditionally accepted lots of credit card payment types, as long as they
>come through paypal.com.   Perhaps I should be looking at other options
>that don't require membership or is a Paypal.com option available and I
>just haven't seen it.
>
>TIA,
>

>Andrew Lietzow
>Member of the GNU generation
>The ACL Group, Inc.

My understanding is that, as of tomorrow, PayPal will no longer be able to
process Mastercard transactions, along with thousands of other third-party
processors (known collectively as 'aggregators'). That is a big blow to
Paypal's viability as payment processing solution. Unless you know
something I don't, I suggest you bite the bullet and get a 'conventional'
gateway/merchant account setup. That is what I have done.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax