[ic] mysql problem

Thu May 2 17:27:00 2002

At 11:21 PM 05/02/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>setting up a catalog without sql support works fine,
>but as far as I try to add a mysql based catalog (makecat build the
>database correct..I hope at least) the browser shows "Undefined catalog:
>/cgi-bin/test"
>

>error.log says:
>
>/cgi-bin/test/index.html CGI mapping error: Undefined catalog:
>/cgi-bin/test at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.
>

>system
>RH 7.2
>+interchange 4.8.4 (rpm)
>

>did I forget anything to set up or is it a bug?

It looks like it could not build the mysql database and tables - a failure
which will result in an 'undefined catalog' error. The causes can be many:
mysql not installed/running, IC unable to connect due to lack of DBD::mysql
Perl module, incorrect mysql database name, mysql user or mysql pass, or
problem with source tables or tablename.mysql files.  You'll just have to
troubleshoot.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax