[ic] IC 4.8.4 upgrade - problems with Perl-Digest-MD5

Paul Hoza interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 2 23:40:01 2002

Hello,

I've been using Interchange 4.8.3 (RPM install) on Red Hat Linux 7.1 for a
while now and it has been working fine... operator failures aside... and
now I'm getting a "missing module dependencies" error saying I need
Perl-Digest-MD5 to run 4.8.4.  The error shows up when I RPM the installer
file.

I would much prefer an RPM package to install the module, but I don't see
anything that appears to include Digest-MD5.  (I've also installed the
whole list on the FTP site for RHL-7.1 on my local test machine and nothing
seems to include the required module... brute force is an ugly
thing.)  Only point to this is that I'd appreciate a link to an RPM for 7.1
that includes Digest-MD5.  I have not tried to install the modules for 7.2,
since that didn't seem logical... please advise if that should work.

Finally, I have installed the CPAN module 'Digest::MD5' and it looks to
have installed properly... however I still get the error when upgrading to
4.8.4 saying it is needed to run properly.

Thanks in advance.  Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Paul Hoza
NearlyEverything.com