[ic] Language and more categories

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 3 13:30:01 2002

> Hi guys,
> My name in Oleh
> I've been using the interchange cart for 2 days now:) Finally figured
> out how to delete and insert new categories, areas, and products.
> But now I'm stuck, here is what I can't figure out:
> 1. How can I make 2 versions of the site one English and one in other
> language, so far I put English and Ukrainian areas one page and then
> their categories in each language under the areas. But is
> there any way
> when you go to the shopping site get English as default and have a
> button with the language flag so a user can choose a
> different language?
> This way I can have the main page of each of the two languages written
> in the language customer can understand. This is how it looks
> right now.
> http://ukrainianshop.net/~ukrainia/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/index.html
> ?id=jSsueV
> 7e&mv_pc=1026

Someone correct me if im wrong... But I would think the easiest way to
do this would be to make another directory for the second language
(normal pages in /pages/.. New language in "/pages/<language>/")  you
could just make an IC link that has something like [area
<language>/page] and it would take you to the other language.  Someone
could verify this for me... , you could probably do the
<language>/@@MV_PAGE@@ and get the same named page in the other
directory...

> 2. Second question is if there is anyway to make sub-categories, I'm
> selling groceries and for example I have meat products. I
> don't want to
> have cooked meat and fresh meat in the same category. I would like
> people to click on the meat category and then be able to
> choose between:
> cooked meat, fresh meat, poultry, and fish. Is there any way
> to do this?
>
> If there is a possibility of doing any of this please explain
> in layman
> terms, like I said in the beginning I'm very new to this.
>
> Thank you
> Oleh Ladan

  _____

Sincerely,