[ic] Admin Order Entry

Fri May 3 13:39:01 2002

Quoting Andrew Baerg (andrew@baerg.ca):
> On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 15:34, Andrew Baerg wrote:
> > I have run into a serious issue with entering orders through the admin
> > interface. It seems this issue was raised a while ago:
> >
> > http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg09214.html
> >
> > Although no resolution was really given.  After following the
> > suggestions in the postings, I still have problems.  When I place an
> > order in the admin UI, I am logged out and greeted with the admin login
> > page.  The order gets entered, but I get no confirmation and when I go
> > back to order entry after logging back in, the fields are still occupied
> > by the previous order, making it /seem/ as though the order has not been
> > entered. This poses serious problems for our CSRs entering orders
> > because they have no way of immediately telling if an order has gone
> > through not to mention how confusing the whole thing looks.  Any ideas
> > anyone? Has this been discussed further in a later thread?  If so I
> > could not find it.
> >

> In case anyone cares about this issue, I have investigated it further
> and submitted the following to bug #361:
>
> It seems to me that the problem lies in Routing. I have found that
> only the default route is ever performed so that if you remove it, as
> one of the suggestions states, the last route defined in catalog.cfg
> becomes the default and is the only one which is performed(whether
> through the admin UI or not).

No. All routes defined in mv_order_route or through the cascade
mechanism are performed.

> My temporary solution, which I realize
> is a horrible hack but which works without issues, is to define a log
> Route which includes both log_entry stuff and log_transaction stuff
> and decides which to do based on a variable I pass
> it. receipt.html also uses the variable to decide whether to diplay
> the admin UI or the customer UI. Anyways, that's my two cents for
> what it's worth.

I think all you need to do is set in a page:

	[value name=mv_order_route set="route1 route2 route3"]

You should find all routes executed just fine...

--
3005 Nichols Rd., Hamilton, OH  45013
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@valuemedia.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman