[ic] Admin Order Entry

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 3 15:29:01 2002

Andrew Baerg <andrew@baerg.ca> writes:

[...]

> In case anyone cares about this issue, I have investigated it further
> and submitted the following to bug #361:
>
> It seems to me that the problem lies in Routing.  I have found that only
> the
> default route is ever performed so that if you remove it, as one of the
> suggestions states, the last route defined in catalog.cfg becomes the
> default
> and is the only one which is performed(whether through the admin UI or
> not).
> My temporary solution, which I realize is a horrible hack but which
> works
> without issues, is to define a log Route which includes both log_entry
> stuff and
> log_transaction stuff and decides which to do based on a variable I pass
> it.
> receipt.html also uses the variable to decide whether to diplay the
> admin UI or
> the customer UI.  Anyways, that's my two cents for what it's worth.
>
> If indeed the larger issue is with routing, then it seems to me that
> this is indeed a big problem.  If you can only ever use the default
> route, then what is the point in having multiple routes defined?

Multiple routes definitely works. I used it several times in several
catalogs. The question is why it fails in this case. I hope I find
some time to investigate it.

The one thing which is confusing with routes is that the defaults are
derived from the main route.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices