[ic] How-To for "LEFTONLY_TOP" background color?

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun May 5 16:56:01 2002

At 10:54 AM 5/5/2002, you wrote:
>Andrew Lietzow <andrewl@theaclgroup.com> writes:
>
> > At 03:00 AM 5/5/2002, you wrote:
> > >changing MAINCONTENT_BG in
> > >theme.cfg and apply changes resp. reconfig should
> > >do the trick.
> >
> > Thank you for you reply.  Changing the value for this variable changes the
> > *entire* background--TOP portion and CONTENT portion.   I want to leave the
> > CONTENT portion as MAINCONTENT_BF #FFFFFF but to change the only the TOP to
> > #738C8C, or whatever.
> >

> > I think I could hard code this, but I'm simply checking to see if there is
> > variable that can be set.
>
> >That's right. Obviously I overlooked something. My advice would be
> >to add a new style to theme.cfg derived from .maincontent
> >(e.g. .topcontent), change the background color there and change
> >the class in the *_TOP files in templates/foundation/regions.

Thank your for your reply, Racke.  What I did does not work.  Here is what
I did.

1) In theme.cfg, I created a new variable called
__TOPCONTENT_BG__ and set the value to #738C8C
(the shade of green that I'm wanting to use).

2) I also copied the class .maincontent and created on just about it called
.topcontent.  Saved the file.

3) In the files /template/foundation/regions....  LEFTRIGHT_TOP,
LEFTONLY_TOP, and NOLEFT_TOP, in the region by the two logos,
I changed the option class="maincontent" to class="topcontent"
in two places.  This I  did in only two places for each file.  I saved the
files.

4) Selected Administration and chose "Apply Changes".

Unfortunately, this did not do the trick, as you can see at
http://ss.hostahaven.com/cgi-bin/index.html  I still have a white background
at the top.

Any new hints?

TIA,