[ic] RE: [logs] Controlling number of active sessions?

Rene Hertell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon May 6 10:34:01 2002

> Jonathan,
> I don't think you understood my question.  I want
> to see if there is a way to stop a user from
> logging in as the same user on two different PC's.
> That way I can count the number of active user
> sessions and disallow anyone to log in if they
> are over a certain number.  In other words, allow
> them to add 100 users, but only allow (say) 10 unique
> sessions active at a time.

You could have a table that would contain all online uses. You would then
just have compare who is trying to log on to your service with the
online-users table.

But, How will you know that a user logs out? It would work if he would
promptly logout, but if he closes the browser without the "logout" feature,
then you can't know if he is still there...

Rene