[ic] Someone Please Help me:(

Marty Tennison interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 8 06:31:01 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 23:20, Oleh Ladan wrote:
> Guys and Gals!
> Please let me know if there is a way to make sub-categories.
> What I mean is that we have:
> Area then Category, but how do I create sub-category? I’m also very new to this so please be patient with me☺
>
> Thank you in advance
> Oleh

There is a way, probably many ways to do it however, none are built into
the interchange demo.  You'll need to take a look at category_vertical
in the components directory and figure out how that works.  Then you can
modify it to meet your needs.   You'll probably need to create another
table to go along with the area and cat table.  Take a look at area and
cat and figure out how they relate to category_vertical.  After a little
bit of digging you will see how it all goes together.  You'll also need
to have a look at the bar_link sub routine in your catalog_before.cfg
file located in your catalog directory.   Study that piece of code and
learn what it does, since category_vertical uses it.

This is not something you can do through the admin interface, you'll
have to dig into the code to get it to work.  If you want to know the
nuts and bolts of interchange then this would be a good project.  If you
just want a store that works then you would be better off either
sticking with the demo the way it works or hiring someone to do it for
you.

Good luck.