[ic] Signio/Verisign payment module

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 10 23:15:01 2002

Patricia wrote:

> I am new to this group  and have not found any information on
> using the Signio payment modul for payflow link ( yes not payflow
> Pro). If I could I would have used Authorize.net with the wells fargo
> module.  I have successfully installed interchange. Thanks

The Signio module is for Payflow Pro, not for Payflow Link.  They
are completely different beasts.  The Signio module will _not_
work for Payflow Link.  Don't be confused by their similar names.
It's a marketing tactic to suck you in. :)

Payflow link is a lot like PayPal in the fact that if you decide
to use it (you _can_ use it) you'll lose a lot of IC features,
mostly those features you'd use IC for in the first place.  You
just mark up your pages with Payflow Link tags and sent the customer
to another page to complete the transaction.  You will not have
confirmation within IC that the transaction is complete, you'll
have to go to Verisigns site and check on each and every sale.

This is because of how Payflow Link works.

Your best bet:  (trust me, I went through this too...) just get
Payflow Pro.  It seems expensive, but it's worth it for the extra
features, and the fact that it integrates nicely into IC.

Good luck,

--J(K)