[ic] IF comparison question

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat May 11 17:15:01 2002

> Hi list,
>
> Can someone tell me what's the difference in the "eq" and "ne" compare
> operations? The documentation at
> http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=ictags04%2e37
> says that they are the same, but for me it sounds like eq=equal and
> ne=not-equal..
>
> According to the documentation, the following snippets of code should mean
> the same thing:
>
> 1) [if eq [sql-param foo]][then][sql-param
> foo][/then][else] [/else][/if]
>
> 2) [if ne [sql-param foo]][then][sql-param
> foo][/then][else] [/else][/if]
>
> I would be thankful if someone could prove me wrong/right :)
>

> René

I see it too, it must be a typo. If you want, post a note, via the "Add
note" at the bottom of the page.

    ==  numeric equivalence
    eq  string equivalence
    >   numeric greater-than
    gt  string greater-than
    <   numeric less-than
    lt  string less-than
    !=  numeric non-equivalence
    ne  string equivalence    ## should be "string non-equivalence"

I have seen that page a hunderd times, and never noticed it :)

Paul