[ic] PayPal Code!!!

Scott Kennedy interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun May 12 02:41:01 2002

I have developed some code to handle paying by PayPal that I would like
to share with you all.  This code is used on the receipt web page found
in "etc" in your catalog's subdirectory.  I hope that you all find this
code to be useful.  I've spent quite a bit of time developing this and
debugging everything.  I tried to send it to the list a few days ago
but I was unable to because the listserver refused to post the message.
I guess it didn't like the attachment.  Are attachments not allowed on
this list or did I send it in an incorrect manner?  Anyway, you can
download it at here,

    http://custweb.com/downloads/paypal.txt.gz

If you'd like to see this code in action, please have a look at this
storefront that I'm working (URL follows).

    http://www.neatway.com/cgi-bin/altchoice/index.html

By the way, how would I specify PayPal as a "standard" payment method?
I have the payment method set to Credit Cards right now, I commented
out the code for the credit card info so that it won't show up on the
page, and so not to get an error message when submitting the checkout
form, I put in hidden fields for the expiration date and I have a
hidden field using the Visa card test number.  I figure that there is a
better way to deal with this.  I'd appreciate anyone's help on this.
I'm also gonna add a payment method for checks once the client I'm
working on this store for gets a security certificate.  --Scott

=====