[ic] Customer Inquiry Form

Tim McCullagh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun May 12 20:50:06 2002

Hi

Can anyone help me.   I am trying to get is very simple form that a customer
can fill in their contact details and a short description of a query request
they may want to ask.  This I want to go straight to the catalogue email
address.  It doesn't need to search anything just simply submit name,
address, phone number and a question to the catalogue owner.   I can use a
current cgi outside of Interchange but would rather keep everything
together.

I have been through the tutorial on forms, but everything there relates to
searches of the db etc.

Currently I have the form outline below.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction

Thanks  Tim

<FORM ACTION="[submit]" METHOD=POST>
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_todo" VALUE="return">
    <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_nextpage" VALUE="helpform">

            Username or email address:
     <INPUT NAME=username VALUE="USERNAME">
  [error name=fname std_label="First Name" required=1]
  <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=fname VALUE="[value fname]" size="20"
maxlength="20">
std_label="Last Name" required=1]</td>
VALUE="[value lname]" size="20"></td>

            Contact Phone Number:
     <INPUT NAME=phone VALUE="PHONE">
            When are you contactable by Phone:
     <INPUT NAME=contacttime VALUE="CONTACTTIME">
relation to:</td>
       <SELECT NAME="help_request_type">
       <option [selected payment_method category1] value="newc">Issue
category 1
       <option [selected payment_method category2] value="conn">Issue
category 2
       <option [selected payment_method category3] value="po">Issue Category
3
       <option [selected payment_method category4] value="postal">Issue
Category 4
       <option [selected payment_method category5] value="cod">etc
       </SELECT>
            When are you contactable by Phone:
     <textarea NAME="Comments" ROWS="6" COLS="45" WRAP="HARD"></textarea>
           <INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Submit Query!">
    </form>

Regards

Tim