[ic] Textarea problem - need help

Alma Nuker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun May 12 22:35:01 2002

Hi list;

I have textarea on my form as follow:

<TEXTAREA NAME="support_comments" VALUE="[value name=support_comments
default="[loop-data supportrequestdb support_comments]"]" ROWS="9"
COLS="75">
[value name=support_comments default="[loop-data supportrequestdb
support_comments]"]
</TEXTAREA>

I use this to store old value  of support_comments.

[seti new_support_comments][loop-data supportrequestdb
support_comments][/seti]

I want to check now that old value in db and new value are same. I tried
following:

[if type=value term="support_comments" op="ne" compare="[scratch
new_support_comments]"]
Support request summary have been modified.<br>
Old value: <b>[scratch new_support_comments]</B><br>
New value: <b>[value support_comments]</b><Br><br>
[/if]

Regardless if I have changed someting or not in this textarea I always
get message that values are not same, even if they seem to me 100% same.
Imust be something in whay which textarea is saved to db and then pulled
out from db.

Do I have to soem clening before I save textarea values in db or after I
am pulling them out of db??? If so do you have any hints how to do
that???

I did search archive list but I could not find anything that will help
me.

Thanks a lot.

Alma