[ic] Job opportunity - Bay Area

Mon May 13 00:18:00 2002

Hi

We are a web development company in the Bay Area seeking to partner with a
Redhat Interchange guru to deliver an ecommerce solution for one of our
clients. Part of our client's requirements focuses on ticket sales for events
as well as  member donations. We are inviting interested
individuals/organisations to propose an evaluation on Interchange's ability to
meet our client's needs together with estimated costs. An outline of the
ecommerce needs of the proposed system are outlined below.

Please attach a current resume and references and explain your
availability/experience to be able to undertake the project. Also please be in
the Bay Area or within commuting distance.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.

Dawa Riley
SDO.Net

E-commerce requirements of the system

Memberships, event tickets and donations all available within a single shopping
cart as a single transaction
The web site of the Commonwealth Club handles three types of transactions:
1)	Memberships
2)	Tickets for events
3)	Donations

The proposed solution must provide a method of integrating all three types of
transactions into a single transaction from the user's perspective.  In other
words, it must be possible for a user to pay for membership, buy tickets for
various events, and make a donation all in a single transaction.

Content of requests echoed in email response to user
The essential content of all transactions must be specifically echoed back to
the user in email responses.  That is, if a user signs up for an event, an
email message specifying details of the event must be automatically sent to the
user as part of completing the transaction.  In addition, the Commonwealth Club
must have a means of directly creating and editing the content of the messages
that are sent.

Different types of tickets available within a single shopping cart item for
events
There are several types of tickets for Commonwealth Club events, at several
different prices: tickets for members, non-members, students, tickets for
luncheons + speeches, and tickets for just speeches, etc.  The shopping cart
must allow a visitor to specify any combination of these tickets for an event
within a single shopping cart item.

Event information included in shopping cart items for events

Information about an event must be included in the display within the shopping
cart for that event.  In other words, the web site must display to the user
within the shopping cart the essential information about the events the user is
signing up for so that the user can confirm that information at a glance.

Automated email membership renewal notification
Would like to be able to automatically identify those individuals who are due
for membership renewal in the membership database and send them an automated
email renewal notification that links them to the membership renewal section of
the website.

Form validation
Form validation must be applied to the following fields, in the following ways:
1)	Email address validation, by verifying that the email address entered
at least contains the "@" symbol and at least one period.
2)	ZIP code validation, by verifying that the ZIP code entered is a valid
US ZIP code
3)	Checking for empty fields in those fields marked as "required"

Integrated reporting
The proposed solution must include integrated reporting such that reports may
be generated in the following ways:
1)	By total amount on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, or any specified
range of dates
2)	By user, for any range of dates
3)	By transaction type, i.e. membership, events, donations
4)	By region of event
5)	Distinguishing between sections (volunteer-run) and featured events
6)	By event—in order to keep a log of who attended to facilitate future
targeted marketing.

Integrated accounting
Our integrated database and financial solution should enable Donor and Member
transactions to flow from the Web to our databases (Raiser’s Edge, Live Oak or
other), to our bank and to our financial software solution.

Instantaneous banking transactions
Banking transactions would ideally be instantaneous or at least “batched”
frequently.

Distinctions applied among fee, internal transactions & external transactions
The proposed solution should provide for distinctions in handling such as
transaction fees applied automatically to external versus internal
transactions.  In other words, processing credits cards in our office should
not cost us any of the additional charges we might incur for Web transactions.

Storage and analysis of historic data per user
The proposed solution must include the automatic storage, retrieval and
analysis of historic data on a per user basis, and on the basis of categories
of users, such as those residing in a particular region, ZIP code, member or
non-member, and additional profile information.