[ic] Interchange Gods.

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue May 14 14:56:01 2002

On Tuesday 14 May 2002 12:46 pm, Brent Mosley wrote:

> Now, it mentions something about installing a Bundle::Interchange, but I
> didn't find any specific instructions.

(I think I know this one!  Maybe I'm not brain dead after all? :-)

Brent, In any perl equipped Linux system you can do the following:

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan>install Bundle::CPAN
cpan>install Bundle::Interchange

There is a very new version of CPAN out there so that is why I recommend
doing that install first.  Don't worry if you have already installed any of
these packages previously.  The system will just tell you that all of the
packages in the bundle are up-to-date.

As for your other "path" questions, the only thing I found to help (after 2-3
weeks of phutzing around trying to get an install to work) was that the way I
could make it work was to restart from scratch each time.  The directory
structure is not for mere mortals to understand (as you referrenced, there
ARE indeed IC Gods...)

I eventually discovered that the tarball version worked consistenly well for
me.  *You* may be able to get the RPM's to load, but I'm just sharing what
worked for me.

Also, you might search the archives for a tech tip posted by
tburt@timburt.com - "Installation answers for IC 4.8.3 on Redhat".  It was
most helpful indeed.    With a good roadmap, I know I can find my way and his
is a good one for getting the Foundation demo up and running.

HTH,

--
Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.