CSS was: (RE: [ic] CCS vs. font tags)

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 15 01:49:01 2002

> >>> Which do you guys use?

Sorry, I just realized my reply had nothing to do with IC, that was
inappropriate. To qualify it though, I do frequently see questions regarding
IC => CSS. IC, for the newbie is kinda wacky WRT CSS, with variables leading
to variables and all.

So seeing as someone will most definitely find this in a search for CSS in
the archives, and to make this thread worth archiving, here is some info:

Your __THEME_CSS__ in the head of the templates refers to a file called
theme.cfg. That is, at least for 4.8.2 & 4.8.3. This file is in
catroot/templates/default/

For new guys, and for people used to developing on Windows, it will seem
awkward, especially if you are a heavy CSS user. I chose to "view source" on
foundation, copy the style sheet, as parsed, and copy it into my own foo.css
file. I then [include] it, and delete reference to __THEME_CSS__. Now you
can treat the file just like you have always treated your style sheets.

Paul