SV: [ic] Interchange and PostgreSQL

Ulf Holt interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 15 03:20:01 2002

Hi Mike

I don't know what your problems was with Postgresql, but now it's working for me. My main problem was that someone expected me to know how Postgresql is working, which I did not. The makecat script used root as the user for creating the database, and I just typed in postgres instead - this created the database and now I'm up and running (you must off cours have started postgresqld first). I guess user root does not exist as a Postgresql user and must be added with createuser (su -l postgres first).

I hope I don't treat you like an idiot - this telle more about my lack of experience with Linux than anything else.

Cheers

Ulf

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Mike Blackwell [mailto:mblackwell@wallace.com]
Sendt: 13. mai 2002 22:35
Til: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Emne: [ic] Interchange and PostgreSQL

Is anyone running the current version of Interchange with PostgreSQL?
How about an older version?

There are at least two of us who have had no luck with this
configuration.  It doesn't seem to be a build issue - rpm and tarball
installs both fail the same way.

My particular setup is RedHat 7.2, PostgreSQL 7.1, and the lastest
Interchange tarball.

Please send me a note if you have Interchange and PostgreSQL working
together.  At least then I'll know it's a working option :)

Thanks,
Mike
mblackwell@wallace.com