[ic] How do I get products with Matrix options to work?

Stephen Kent interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 15 11:55:00 2002

My first catalogue is nearing completion and it is almost ready to go
live.  I have a bunch of items set up that are the same item in
different colors.  First, am I correct in using "Matrix options one
widget"?  If I am, how do I get the items to register in inventory?  Am
I supposed to enter the inventory under the item#?  This would create a
large pool of inventory and not accurately reflect the current stock of
each color.  I have tried entering inventory amounts in the "on hand"
box under the options and this does not seem to work either.

What I am shooting for is to show the item when it is selected along
with the inventory status of each color and offer a radio button or
check box for the customer to choose which color they would like.

Does this all make sense?  Thanks for anything you can offer up.

Stephen Kent
Director of Information Technology
Coastal Business Machines, Inc.

---