[ic] I would need some ideas in how to accomplish this multilingual project -> Racke

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 16 13:40:00 2002

> > The mv_search_file is correct for specifying the database table to
> > use.  Which section of the manual says that it's only to be used
> > for exported txt files?  The manual will have to be corrected if
> > it says that.
> In the Search Reference -> mv_search_file part is mentioned
> (http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icdatabase06%2e11):
>
> "In the text search, set this variable to the file(s) to be scanned for a
> match. The default, if not set, is to scan the default ProductFiles (i.e.,
> products.txt). If set multiple times in a form (for a text search), will
> cause a search all the files. One file name per instance. "
>
> I understood it as the search is performed into the .txt file..

Ok, it is telling you how the variable is interpreted when you specify
a text search.  It then goes on to explain about Glimpse searches.
Perhaps the paragraph could be extended to note what happens in an
ordinary db/sql search.

> > You will have had to have changed Racke's UserTag example to fit
> > your own requirements.  Can you post your modified UserTag back
> > here so it can be checked for errors.
> >
> I just probably found the mistake (forgot to specify an exciting
> mv_search_field...).

That would account for the error message you got "...probably search
group without search specification."

> By the way: Under what part of the documentation do I find an explanation
> about what the different mv_* (mv_coordinate, mv_column_op, mv_searchspec
> etc) stuff means. I remember that the old Minivend docs contained a few
> pages long list explained what all these mv_* things were supposed to mean..

Interchange Database (icdatabase) - section 4.11 (Search Reference).
Also of interest is section 4.7 (One-Click Searches) which lists the
two-letter abbreviations and how they are mapped to the full variable
names.