[ic] Discount problem

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 16 15:21:01 2002

> Does text wrap on posted messages?  My email program automatically wraps text.
> I can change the point at which it wraps at to whatever I want to.

Long lines may or may not wrap, depending upon each user's email
client and/or the size of the recipient's window.  Also, upon
replying, most email clients will not split long quoted lines into
smaller ones before adding the '> ' marker to the start, resulting
in a bit of a mess.

The best thing to do is to keep your line length to a minimum.
I suggest 70 characters or less.  Doing that will allow your article
to be quoted a couple of times before the line length exceeds the
standard 80-characters.

Mike Heins' "Interchange-users guidelines" article, posted every now
and again, includes an etiquette note that reads "Please try to keep
your line size less than 80 characters."