[ic] Error while editing subset of variable entries

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon May 20 20:25:00 2002

Barry Treahy, Jr. wrote:

> I'm sure this is a case of a brain-cramp, but I haven't had this
> problem until upgrading to 4.8.5 today and I'm seeing nothing in the
> error.log, so this is what is happening.
>
> After selecting a subset of fields for the variable table and I click
> on EDIT CHECKED RECORDS IN SEQUENCE, this is what I get:
>
> Undefined catalog:
> mv_data_table=variable&ui_meta_specific=&ui_page_title=&ui_page_title=&ui_meta_specific=&ui_limit_fields=&ui_show_fields=code%2CVariable%2Cpref_group&ui_return_to=admin%2Fflex_select&ui_return_to=mv_data_table%3Dvariable&ui_return_to=ui_sequence_edit%3D1&mv_action=back&item_id=IMG_ADDCART&item_id=IMG_CHECKOUT&item_id=IMG_CONTINUE&item_id=IMG_MOREINFO&item_id=IMG_PLACEORDER&item_id=IMG_RECALC&mv_click=Edit
>
> Any thoughts?

I'm seeing this at numerous points within the admin UI and after greping
the code, I see in both interchange and Server.pm where the error is
generated and according to the code, it should be dumping the catalog
name that is 'missing'.  That it is missing is odd, since in many other
aspects it is working, but that the catalog name is pulled from the CGI
name, I'm no Perl giant, so does anyone have any suggestion as to the
cause of this?

I've bypassed all of our firewalls and AV systems, thinking that might
be a contributing factor and I have also confirm the same behaviour in
IE and NS.

Barry