[ic] Authorize.net how-to?

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 22 15:36:00 2002

Hi Kellen!

I'd be MORE than happy to show you what I did to get Authorizenet to work!

First I added this line to the interchange.cfg:

   Require module Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet

Then I added the following Variable lines to the catalog.cfg (Replace the
words authorizenetlogin, domainoficwebsite.com, and authorizenetpassword
with your settings)

   Variable    MV_PAYMENT_MODE  authorizenet

   Variable    MV_PAYMENT_ID    authorizenetlogin

   Variable    MV_PAYMENT_REFERER    domainoficwebsite.com

   Variable    MV_PAYMENT_SECRET    authorizenetpassword

   Variable    AUTHNET_ID authorizenetlogin

   Variable    AUTHNET_REFERER domainoficwebsite.com

   Variable    AUTHNET_SECRET authorizenetpassword

   Variable    AUTHNET_SERVER secure.authorize.net

   Variable    MV_DEMO_MODE 0

Under the # Cart, order, and route settings. part of the catalog.cfg find
this area and enter the following settings:

   ## These routes are not order routes, but payment routes
   Route  authorizenet  id           "authorizenetlogin"
   Route  authorizenet  secret       "authorizenetpassword"
   Route  authorizenet  host         "secure.authorize.net"
   Route  authorizenet  referer      "domainoficwebsite.com"

That should take care of your configuration settings.

Then you need to make sure that your clients Authorize.net Merchant Account
settings are as follows:

1. Mange URLS should have nothing. NO refering urls should be there. If
there are any, take them out.
2. Automated Direct Connect (ADC) Settings:

ADC Direct Response Settings

----
Delimited Response: YES
Default Field Separator: ,comma
Default Encapsulation Character: None

(the ADC Secret is the private key used in the creation of the
MD5 Hash field included in all ADC responses)
Current Secret (case-sensitive)
New Secret (case-sensitive)
Retype New Secret

Here set this password to the same password as your login password.  If you
never set a password for ADC before just fill out New Secret and Retype.

When all this is set go back to Interchange and restart it.

If you get an error on your check out page like Authorizenet failed or some
failure its most likely due to a wrong a setting.

To debug:

You can set the debugging log in the Interchange.cfg file. Just uncomment
the line that says something like Variable icdebug and restart and IC should
say writing to /tmp/icdebug.

Next go to the file AuthorizeNet.pm file which is located in
/usr/loca/interchange/lib/Vend/Payment/AuthorizeNet.pm. In the file are four
log files that have comments on them. Just uncomment those four log files
and restart IC. Then do another transaction and check the directory
/tmp/icdebug. In that file will most likely give you the exact error your
getting for Authorizenet.

Also if you are using 4.8.1 or 4.8.2 and you tried everything  you will need
to upgrade your AuthorizeNet.pm file to the newer version 4.8.3.

That is all of the info I got on Authorizenet / Interchange.  After I made
the modifications to the .cfg files and the Authorizenet Account Manager
everything worked like a charm and there was no need to debug.  That
AuthorizeNet.pm file has a whole lot more info like test credit cards to use
and how to set the website to be in test mode without going to the

--
Julia Jacobs
Currant Media