[ic] Preventing duplicate real-time changes using PayFlo Pro

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed May 22 22:35:01 2002

> Does anyone have experience preventing duplicate real-time changes using
> PayFlo Pro? Verisgn can enable duplicate charge prevention. Then you can
> pass a DSGUID parameter which should be set to something unique for the
> current transaction. It would seem reasonable to set DSGUIG to "<part
> card number>[subtotal noformat=1]<hour of day><date>".

Wouldn't the order number be unique enough for this purpose?
Can't Verisign be told to use the existing ORIGID parameter?

> Do I have to hack Payment/Signio.pm to add this parameter to my
> PayFlo Pro query string?

You'd have to hack the payment module, yes.  I should think that
you'd just have to add the new key/value to the %query hash.

Would Verisign fall in a heap if the DSGUID key was set in the
standard module, regardless of whether or not the option was set?
If the value could be set as standard then this change could be
made in CVS.

Could you run a few tests and report back on this?