[ic] Using Mozilla 5.0 - strange things happening with my from

Thu May 23 09:10:01 2002

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 09:13:22AM +0930, Alma Nuker wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> > What is this evaluationdb table?
> It is normal mysql table (and yes all fields are valid, and they are
> working fine with Netscape and IE). I use it to store our evaluation
> license info.
>
> > Are those valid records you
> > are inserting?
> They are valid records

I don't buy that.  Or the design is beyond me.  This is going to
give you one datapoint per record.  Surely a different sort
of "relational" database structure!  What is the meaning of a
record that is simply "True"?

020522 12:08:44    4288 Query       INSERT INTO evaluationdb
(issue_date) VALUES ('20020522')
                   4288 Query       INSERT INTO evaluationdb
(expiry_date) VALUES ('20020621')
                   4288 Query       INSERT INTO evaluationdb (url_limit)
VALUES ('3000')
                   4288 Query       INSERT INTO evaluationdb
(evaluation) VALUES ('True')

> > Looks to me like you are inserting a new record per
> > field.  That might be ok for an update but it doesn't sound right
> > for insert.
> This is only happening with Mozilla that  is inserting new record per
> field.
> What it should basically do is:
> When I fill out my form (serial number (auto number primary key) should
> be created and new record containing company, email, address, country
> etc. should be created). On next page I have bit of perl script and
> custom made user tag that goes off issue license, sends email to
> customer and then should insert additional info in db (like license key,
> issue date, etc).
> I am inserting those fields using perl script as follow:
>
> [perl]
>
> $idate = $Tag->convert_date(
>                             {
>                               raw => 1,
>                               format => "%Y%m%d"
>                             }
> );
> $edate = $Tag->convert_date(
>                             {
>                               days => 30,
>                               format => "%Y%m%d"
>                             }
> );
>
> $junk = $Tag->data(
>                    {
>                        table => evaluationdb,
>                        field => issue_date,
>                        key => $CGI->{serial_number},
>                        value => $idate,
>                    }
>                    );
>

> $junk = $Tag->data(
>                    {
>                        table => evaluationdb,
>                        field => expiry_date,
>                        key => $CGI->{serial_number},
>                        value => $edate,
>                    }
>                    );
>
> return;
> [/perl]
> > What does a valid insert look like?  What data do you have in session
> > and does that affect this insert?
>
> Valid record looks like this:
>
> serial number  username    company
> email                                etcccc.................
> 1                     alma         YourAmigo    alma@youramigo.com
>

> It seems that following is happening when I use Mozilla:
> First of all I do not have to login to access those pages (they are for
> internal use only).
> If I go directtly to this page and fill out my form then all records are
> misplaced and half fields are not inserted at all.
> If I go through other pages and then get to this one and add new record
> this works fine.

There are situations where going directly to a page without a session
might not work as expected.  Sounds to me more like you have broken
HTML.  Mozilla might very well be parsing it differently than other
browsers.  If you need a session or cookie, it is safer to go through
a gateway, even if just an instant refresh that establishes them.

> It seems to me that cookies are not set properly or something.
> I had simple test to check for cookies setup when I get to this page
> directly and it showed me that cookies are not there, but if I reload
> pages shows me that cookies are there.
>
> I tried using set-cookie thinf to set MV_SESSION_ID but that did not
> solve my problem.
>
> So I do not have any ideas what else it could be???
>
> > Have you run weblint on the pages and are they clean HTML?  And
> > time to upgrade that mozilla; you are running "unstable"  :-)

File Save && weblint