[ic] Product Options

Chris Demain interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 23 16:19:00 2002

Hello,
I've searched briefly through the mailing list archives, and haven't
seen anything which applies.

I'm trying to set up a fairly complex site in IC (4.8.5, installed from
rpm on a RH7.3 box).  Additionally, I'm trying to force the interface
into doing something it apparently wasn't designed to do.

I have a product (sku 00011) which is actually a Service (I'm also
looking to remove the shipping, etc. features for this reason).
It's a monthly recurring fee, with discounts for longer term contracts.

What I stumbled into, in the admin interface of a Foundation setup, was
Options on items.  I entered the item as $29.95(the monthly price), and
added options: 00011-3, 00011-6, 00011-12, etc as "3 month term" etc.
In the Options field, there is a field labeled "Price for this variant"
In here, I entered the value $119.85 (monthly*3+setup).  Lather, rinse,
repeat for the other options.  The strange part is that the item shows
up on the site, the options drop-down is there, and contains my entered
fields: "Service, 3 months ($119.85)" ... however, when selected, the
price stays at the 29.95 ... even after recalculating (which makes any
options previously selected "disappear" to default).  When you hit
checkout, your selected option is likewise gone, and the price is still
29.95.
I've tried in the META of price for the product (products::price) as
well as the META of the price in the Option (variant::options::price)

Am I completely off-base here?  Am I close?

TIA,
--
Chris Demain                                     cdemain@sagonet.com
Systems Administrator                           (813) 839-7242 x3022