[ic] Canadian shipping woes.

Honest to Goodness interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat May 25 22:33:01 2002

On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 21:28, Kari Suomela wrote:

> Wednesday May 08 2002 15:25, Honest to Goodness wrote to All:
>

>  HG> Now you have to alter your products.txt or file database and add
>  HG> columns named: length, width and height and make sure there is
>  HG> weight
>
> How/where do I add these. Directly into Mysql?

If you're using a MySql database then just use your admin program,
phpmyadmin and webmin are good, and add the columns. I once found a way
to do it through the meta edit pages in the interchange admin but then I
lost it.

So I just edited my products.txt database file directly making sure I
used an editor that was clean and savvy with tabs. My file still got a
little smudged, I had some products with big long descriptions and they
bled into crazy orphan lines that I had to fix up afterwards. Lucky for
me I had screwed up my database before and knew how to do it a second
time. You learn now or later, easy or hard.

Once you add the new columns use the [ic] admin to make them appear on
the admin pages so you can enter values into them. And you have to get
your units straight too. Weight is in kilograms and the dimensions are
in centimeters. Can post will only calculate parcel rates and since I
have some small products that can be sent using the letter rate I have a
little override just for them. Letter rate is much cheaper.