[ic] Help? - Search new table from flypage

Wed May 29 12:09:00 2002

This is sort of a reverse of the scenario I was asking about before -- but not quite. (Always wishing it were that easy!)

In products.txt I have a field named "ingredients" which contains a comma-delimited list of ingredients for each product.

I also have a table named glossary.txt which contains the ingredients with their definitions. Fields: "code", "word", "definition". I have a separate search page for the glossary, as well as a unique results page, "glossary_results.html".

>From the flypage, the user should be able to click on one of the listed ingredients, which would bring up a search result (glossary_results.html) in a new window.

Easy to do if there were only one ingredient for each product - but how do I have IC trigger a search on each comma-delimited item in the field (eg. [field "ingredients":] Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco Glucoside)? I'd be happy with a select box, but would prefer text links.

Thanks again in advance. As I become a more experienced IC user, I do hope to someday return the favour!

Lara