[ic] Makecat problem: undefined catalog

R. Steven Rainwater interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 30 13:10:00 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002 17:58:17 +0100, Kevin Walsh wrote:
>> I've installed Interchange 4.8.5-1 from RPM on a Red Hat Linux
>> 7.2 box. The foundation store seems to work fine. I have now
>> tried to create a new catalog/store for another virtual site
>> on the server using makecat. I have followed the instructions
>> from the documentation carefully. After restarting interchange
>> and trying to access the new catalog, I get a web page with
>> this error message:
>>
>>  Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/erin-cat
>>
>> At the same time, /var/log/interchange/error.log logs this:
>>
>>  /cgi-bin/erin-cat/index.html CGI mapping error: Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/erin-cat at
>> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.
>>
>Do you get any error messages when (re)starting Interchange?
>
>You'll probably find the either you don't have a valid 'Catalog'
>directive in your interchange.cfg file or, more likely, the Interchange
>user doesn't have permission to look at the site you created with
>makecat.

After scrounging around a little, I located the interchange error
log in /var/log/interchange/error.log. One error related to the new
catlog gets logged each time interchange is restarted:

 erin-cat config error: Please specify the MailOrderTo directive in the configuration file "catalog.cfg"

I'm assuming it's referring to the catalog.cfg that's located in:

 /var/lib/interchange/erin-cat/catalog.cfg

(it would be nice if error messages included full paths for the
filenames since Interchange is made up of hundreds of files spread
out of dozens of directories and many have identical or similar
names!)

However, I've checked and the directive is present in the file
and looks identical to the one in the (working) foundation store.
It looks like this:

 MailOrderTo    __ORDERS_TO__

The permission thing sounds interesting. Why wouldn't interchange
be able to access stores created by makecat? How would I determine
if this is problem and, more importantly, what permissions should
I set on which files to correct it?

-Steve

R. Steven Rainwater * http://www.ncc.com/humans/srainwater/index.html
"As you struggle to save humanity be sure to avoid electrodes in
your path"  -- Robotron 2084