[ic] Makecat problem: undefined catalog

R. Steven Rainwater interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 30 14:22:00 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002 01:01:27 -0500, Rick Eicher II wrote:
>On Thursday 30 May 2002 12:24 pm, R. Steven Rainwater wrote:
>> After scrounging around a little, I located the interchange error
>> log in /var/log/interchange/error.log. One error related to the new
>> catlog gets logged each time interchange is restarted:
>>
>>  erin-cat config error: Please specify the MailOrderTo directive in the
>> configuration file "catalog.cfg"
>
>Should be set when running the makecat script.
>
>> I'm assuming it's referring to the catalog.cfg that's located in:
>>
>>  /var/lib/interchange/erin-cat/catalog.cfg
>>
>> (it would be nice if error messages included full paths for the
>> filenames since Interchange is made up of hundreds of files spread
>> out of dozens of directories and many have identical or similar
>> names!)
>>
>> However, I've checked and the directive is present in the file
>> and looks identical to the one in the (working) foundation store.
>> It looks like this:
>>
>>  MailOrderTo    __ORDERS_TO__
>
>Look at /var/lib/interchange/erin-cat/products/variable.txt for the Orders_To
>variable. If not set, set it.

I checked that file and it is already set to the value:

 Orders_To         eclark   Order

This should be the correct value. Just for kicks, I set this to
a full email address (my own, srainwater@ncc.com) and restarted
again. Same error message and I still get the web page that says
"Undefined catalog".

Is it possible that there is something obvious (to the developers,
anyway) that I should have done besides just running makecat and
restarting interchange that's simply not in the documentation? Do
other scripts need to be run, any config files manually edited, etc.
to get a new catalog working?

-Steve

R. Steven Rainwater * http://www.ncc.com/humans/srainwater/index.html
"As you struggle to save humanity be sure to avoid electrodes in
your path"  -- Robotron 2084