[ic] Makecat problem: undefined catalog

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu May 30 15:18:01 2002

> > > At the same time, /var/log/interchange/error.log logs this:
> > >
> > >  /cgi-bin/erin-cat/index.html CGI mapping error: Undefined catalog: /cgi-bin/erin-cat at
> > > /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Server.pm line 182.
> > >
> > Do you get any error messages when (re)starting Interchange?
> >
> > You'll probably find the either you don't have a valid 'Catalog'
> > directive in your interchange.cfg file or, more likely, the Interchange
> > user doesn't have permission to look at the site you created with
> > makecat.
> >
> After scrounging around a little, I located the interchange error
> log in /var/log/interchange/error.log. One error related to the new
> catlog gets logged each time interchange is restarted:
>
>  erin-cat config error: Please specify the MailOrderTo directive in the configuration file "catalog.cfg"
>
> I'm assuming it's referring to the catalog.cfg that's located in:
>
>  /var/lib/interchange/erin-cat/catalog.cfg

The catalog.cfg file will be expected to be in the directory
specified in the interchange.cfg file's "Catalog" directive
for the site you created.  This will be the directory you
specified when you ran makecat.

> The permission thing sounds interesting. Why wouldn't interchange
> be able to access stores created by makecat? How would I determine
> if this is problem and, more importantly, what permissions should
> I set on which files to correct it?

Look at the permissions on the following directories and set them
so that the Interchange user has read/execute permission:

    /var/lib/interchange/erin-cat
    /var/lib/interchange

I assume your /var and /var/lib directories are set correctly.

Also check the permissions on the "products" directory (under "erin-cat")
and the files in the products directory.  If you find problems there then
check all of the files and directories under the erin-cat directory for
permission problems.