[ic] GPG Encryption

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 31 02:15:02 2002

> Running IC on Debian here, we kept getting similar messages trying to
> use GPG/PGP.  The issue we had seems to be that the interchange process
> is actually run by root and then suid to interchange, so the GPG keys
> needed to be set up for root, BUT the interchange user needs to be able
> to access the relevant folders and to be able to WRITE to them.
>
> It seems a slightly less than optimal solution, but....

I suggest that you not run Interchange as root.

I also suggest that, when you post replies to mail list articles,
you quote a small part of the message and then write your reply
underneath.  You can use this reply as an example.

I am obviously wearing out my keyboard repeating this every other
day, so I think I'll just adopt the standard policy of ignoring
lazily-quoted follow-ups from now on.