[ic] Search returning one item going straight to flypage

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 31 10:24:00 2002

"Aaron Hazelton" <aaronmail@hazenet.net> writes:

> > > Has anyone figured out how to get IC to do this:
> > >
> > > If a search returns only one item, send the user directly
> > to the flypage for
> > > that item.
> >
> > [search-region]
> > [if value mv_search_match_count eq 1]
> > [search-list]
> > [bounce [item-code]]
> > [/search-list]
> > [else]
> > [/else]
> > [/if]
> > [/search-region]
> >
> > Untested, but sth like that should work.
> >
> > Ciao
> >         Racke
> >

> Racke, this seems to work just fine... in testing it, though
> I had a question for whoever:
>
> The page address that you get bounced
> to is the http://domain.com/carturl/item-code but without
> the ".html" extension.  IC pulls up all the correct data, but
> would this be a problem anywhere, so that you might want
> to add the .html to the bounce, as that seems to work as
> well?  (I guess I was wondering about particular platforms
> or browsers where it has to be 'exact' to work)

You may use [bounce page="[item-code].html"], but the .html
extension is the default for IC, so it works with any not totally
buggy browsers.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Free resources for Interchange programming NOW !!!
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need my professional help.