[ic] Random GPG failures

Tin Doan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri May 31 13:23:01 2002

Hi,

I had somewhat a similar problem, and went nut.  After posting on
Interchange, I kindly got a response from Kevin Walsh, who pointed me to
the following article.  I resolved my issue:

http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-March/018
636.html

Goodluck
Tin

	-----Original Message-----
	From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
	[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]
	On Behalf Of Brian Kosick
	Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 1:00 PM
	To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
	Subject: Re: [ic] Random GPG failures

	At 12:32 PM 5/31/02 -0400, you wrote:
	>Hello Everyone,
	>
	>OK OK this is a repost with some updates,  I found the
	thread titled
	>"Intermittent PGP failures & Lost CC info".  The only
	solution that people
	>seem to have come up with is "cron job using
	interchange -r"  I also ran
	>through my log files again, and found the PGP error (I
	had been searching
	>for gpg rather than PGP previously) I too get PGP
	failed with error 3702
	>90% of the times that it fails.
	>
	>I guess my question now is has anyone found truely
	what the problem is
	>yet?
	>
	>
	>
	>
	>         I remember a few months back a thread dealing
	with random GPG
	> encryption failures, I spent a while today trying to
	find it, but
	> couldn't, so I was hoping that perhaps we could rehash this...
	>
	>I have a RH7.1 with all the latest patches and
	updates....  Running on
	>Dell PowerApp
	>Hardware
	>700MHZ celeron "Sigh..... I know, customer has been
	reluctant to upgrade"
	>512MB Ram
	>1GB swap
	>20GB WD HD's Ext3 mirrored (Raid1)  hdparm gives
	roughly 21MB/sec IO

	>Software
	>kernel 2.4.9-31
	>perl 5.6.1
	>IC 4.8.4
	>GNUPG 1.0.6.
	>
	>The site gets roughly around 100 orders a day, the problem is
	>approximately 3 out of 100 orders do not get
	encrypted, and instead
	>display the CC as 5436**********.  With no errors in
	the logs that I can
	>find...  the /tmp dir has a few 0 length pgp.xxxxxx.out files.
	>
	>If I could get some more info regarding this problem, and it's
	>appropriate
	>solution I would be gratefull....
	>
	>
	>
	>Brian Kosick
	>Web Programmer
	>New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
	>216-619-2000
	>briank@nacs.net

nge-users

Has anyone with underpowered hardware tried using pgp 2.6.x.  One idea
that
I had would be to try using that, as it was made back in the day of
pentiums.  My thought is that since it is an older package, it was
probably
designed to be more efficient with resources.