[ic] Fixed Cost Shipping

Robert Wall interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 1 13:36:00 2002

> We simply added a shipcost field to the products database, altered all
> results pages to show the shipping cost along with the product cost, and
> added a "perItem" method to the shipping, that looks like:
>
> perItem    Set Cost Per Item    shipcost    0    0    e Nothing to ship!
> {'ui_ship_type' => "quantity",'PriceDivide' => "1",}
>
> perItem    Set Cost Per Item    shipcost    0    9999999    f @@TOTAL@@
> {'PriceDivide' => "1",}

I got this to work by making a completely new shipping method in the
wizard (ship based on weight), and just swapping in "shipping_cost" for
"weight" in the lines that the wizard generated ("shipping_cost" being the
name of the column I added to the table).

As a quick side note, does anybody know an easy way to add the ability to
edit additional columns (like my shipping cost) to the Interchange
built-in item editor?

Thanks for all the help!

-----
Robert Wall						(715) 855-0189
Systems Administrator                                   bob@web-walrus.com
Web Walrus Media

            "Affordable internet solutions for your business"