[ic] Interchange from ports on FreeBSD 4.7

Schuyler Langdon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 1 14:29:00 2002

Gerald Mixa wrote

> Hi,
>
> I have got a question:
> Is there any documentaion about installing interchange from out the ports
tree
> on FreeBSD!
> Actually I get a Error Code 500 from Apache 1.3.27 if I try to test the
> Installation and in its log file apache says something like:
> premature end of script headers, which i actually do not understand why it
> says so.
> I have installed perl 5.8 from ports and would like to use interchange
with
> postgres 7.2.3.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gerald Mixa

I've installed interchange on a few FreeBSD systems (4.5-4.7) and don't
believe there's much of a point in using the ports (didn't even know one
existed for ic) -- it's just as easy to install from the source tarball (see
the getting started guide). Usually for premature end of script headers,
you'd want to check the permissions on the tlink/vlink file and if apache is
compiled to run with suexec, check the suexec log.

--
Schuyler Langdon
GatorDev