[ic] Internal Server Error on Design Tab Only

James P. Kinney III interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Nov 3 21:42:00 2002

--=-iilXVZSrPgt3qVt8phBT

I put that patch into the interchange-4.8.6-src.rpm and after a bit a
teeth gnashing, got it to compile and the binaries install and run well.
There are several conflicts I have not worked out yet as the packaging
of perl rpm's changed between RedHat 7.x and 8.0. The src.rpm is a bit
over 1.9 MB so it might croak a few emailers. I will try and put it on a
web page in the next day or so. I will, of course, post the URL at that
time. If you need it now and can handle a 2M email attachment,, I'll
send it to you.=20

I ran into a few perl requirements I didn't grok and couldn't find on
CPAN. My install used the --force (which I DON'T like) but the quick and
dirty testing shows it to be working OK.

Again, the perl packaging has changed for RedHat 8.0 which is my build
environment. The rpm -R command returned the basic stuff in RedHat 8.0
and the CPAN Vend bundle. But the rpm -ivh returned:
        perl-Digest-MD5 is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2
        perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2
        perl-libnet is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2
        perl(Apache::Registry) is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2
        perl(CCMckDirectLib3_2) is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2
        perl(CCMckErrno3_2) is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2
        perl(CCMckLib3_2) is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2
        perl(CCVS) is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2
        perl(NDBM_File) is needed by interchange-4.8.6-2

Now, MD5, libnet, and MIME are all part of the basic perl-5.8 package in
RedHat 8.0. The Apache::Registry is part of the mod-perl package. I
don't know what the other pieces are. The "CC" makes me think they are
part of a Credit Card module. Not sure at all about NDBM.

Many thanks for the patch to all who made it happen. I'll try and clear
up the glitches in the rpm soon.