[ic] Permissions in PGP directory

Nick Giovas interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 5 08:59:00 2002

I had the admin import my pgp key for me since my host uses cpanel, but
I am still getting the following error:

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: /home/cpanel/.gnupg/secring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission
denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/cpanel/.gnupg/secring.gpg': file open
error
gpg: /home/cpanel/.gnupg/pubring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission
denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/cpanel/.gnupg/pubring.gpg': file open
error
gpg: orders@hollywoodequipment.com: skipped: public key not found
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: public key not found

This may be a really stupid question, but I have tried everything else.
Does the admin need to change the permissions for the directory even
though it is the 'cpanel' user trying to access it?  Also, if the
permissions are correct, should I be able to do an echo test to test the
encryption even though I can't log in as 'cpanel'?