[ic] A better way to do this?

marc.brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 5 11:24:01 2002

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 14:13, you wrote:

> > I was wondering if any of you gurus out there
> > knows of a better way to do repost form data to another form?
>

> CGI variables will automatically be saved to the user's session and may
> be used on any other page as [value whatever].  This is unless they are
> overridden by new CGI values.  For this reason simple link will do
> exactly what you need - unless I misunderstood your question. :-)

Thanks Kev, that's definitely what I call a 'better way' :)

It turns out that [value fieldname] doesn't yet exactly do the trick,
probably because using a regular <a href> doesn't end up actually posting the
variables?

Anyhow, a [dump] reveals that the user's session *does* contain the form
variables of the previous page, in its 'History' section. If I read my form
fields from there when the detail page is loaded for the first time, the rest
should be a piece of cake.

Regards,

Marc Brevoort