[ic] Country variable lost when logging out

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Nov 5 15:13:00 2002

Interchange user [interchange.mail@virgin.net] wrote:

> > Logging out shouldn't clear the country value (or others) unless the
> > following is used:
> >
> >     [userdb function=logout clear=1]
> >
> > If you're doing that, and you don't want the values to clear, then
> > simply remove the "clear=1".  ValuesDefault will take care of the
> > initial default.  Perhaps "userdb clear" should restore the appropriate
> > defaults automagically, instead of simply deleting the values.
> >
> Yeah, 'ValuesDefault  country  __SHIP_DEFAULT_COUNTRY__' is already in
> catalog.cfg, and the variable is correctly defined in variable.txt - doesn't
> make any difference.
>
> I will go the route of explicitly setting the country at the top of
> checkout.html, that way I should be able to guarantee that a country is
> always selected on that page.

I've modified Interchange 4.9 so that the appropriate ValuesDefault and
ScratchDefault values will be restored when [userdb function=logout clear=1]
is run, as suggested above.

The change is in CVS now, and will be included in the next daily build.