[ic] mv_exact_match not working

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 7 09:39:01 2002

> However, if I understand you guys correctly, what you really want here is
> "op=eq". This imposes equality between the search text and a db text field
> thereby making "shaving" and "shaving cream" distinct results.

It doesn't, though.  On my 4.8.6 installation:

scan/fi=products/st=text/sf=subcat/se=Shaving/op=eq/nu=0/ml=12/tf=subcat/rf=
*

    Returns "Shaving" and "Shaving Tools".  Adding em=1 returns the same
thing also.  However, changing it to:

/scan/fi=products/st=text/sf=subcat/se=Shaving/op=eq/co=1/os=1/nu=0/ml=12/tf
=subcat/rf=*

    does work, and this is the fix described in the aforementioned message.
The message also contained a patch, which was from February so I assumed it
was a 4.8.x patch, but when I looked at the code in that area it doesn't
match.

Thanks,
Jeff