[ic] Open and 'run' a page from within another page--more info

Thu Nov 7 10:16:00 2002

Quoting marc.brevoort (marc.brevoort@armazemdedados.com):
> On Thursday 07 November 2002 13:20, you wrote:
> > How can I run a page from within another page, and make it act
> > in the same way it would when running stand-alone?
>
> Some additional information:
>
> [perl]
> return "abcde";
> [/perl]
>
> does not run, while
>
> [calc]
> return "abcde";
> [/calc]
>
> does. However, if I use calc tags instead of perl tags, the error
> log starts displaying a lot of errors like
>
> Safe: Undefined subroutine
> &Vend::Interpolate::somefunction called at ...
>
> where somefunction is a function that I include from the catalog.cfg file.

This should not happen. I think it would be of interest to know your
OS, DB, etc., and whether you took the advice to not use interpolate=1.

Also, the error you are getting would indicate you are calling some
routines -- what are they, pray tell? You can't just call arbitrary
subroutines in embedded Perl, you know.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown