[ic] MV_ORDER_ROUTE being ignored in ord/checkout

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Nov 7 14:54:00 2002

Arg, the docs state that MV_ORDER_ROUTE has been deprecated and to look
at the foundation demo for using the master routes...  The only thing I
did spot was a reference to the word 'cascade' during the 'dump and
logging' exercise that I detailed below, I did see a data structure
which used it:

Vend::Order:debug: route default is: {
  'email' => 'mmb2c@midwest-microwave.com',
  'cascade' => 'log main copy_user',
  'master' => '1',
  'supplant' => '1',
  'empty' => '1'
}

Additionally, there doesn't appear to be a lot of write up on FormIgnore
which is a concern because on the standard catalog configuration, it
appears that the context of that is to prevent a user from using certain
variables (ie. the example of mv_handling) but the concern is that
MV_ORDER_ROUTE is also declared in this manner.  Is this in fact
disabling the embedded use of MV_ORDER_ROUTE in my ord/checkout page as
the examples below illustate?

If I'm not to use MV_ORDER_ROUTE but rather define the replacement for
the 'default' route in another manner, would someone please point me in
that direction as I have failed to determine what that may be.

Presuming that I'm not entirely wet and that MV_ORDER_ROUTE is still the
proper method, here is the snippet from my checkout page where,
depending on a preset value, the route is set so that if it is US, it
uses the 'log mainUS copy_user' route and all others would use the 'log
mainUK copy_user' route.  I get no errors and as you can see from the
logging below, the logging states that the proper code segment is
running so I should be safe in assuming that MV_ORDER_ROUTE is being set
properly, correct?

-- snippet from ord/checkout --
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_doit VALUE=refresh>
                <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE="ord/checkout">
[comment] Order routes in catalog.cfg [/comment]
[perl]
my $out;
if ($Scratch->{CountryGroup} eq 'US') {
  $out = '<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_route VALUE="log mainUS
copy_user">';
  $Tag->iclog('checkout: route: log mainUS copy_user');
} else {
  $out = '<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_order_route VALUE="log mainUK
copy_user">';
  $Tag->iclog('checkout: route: log mainUK copy_user');
}
return $out;
[/perl]
                <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=mv_check    VALUE="Save_database">

-- snippet from logging to test to confirm that Antigua was going to
select the properl route, which includes the mainUK --

iclog: 200211071358 host: 192.168.10.10 page: ord/checkout checkout:
route: log mainUK copy_user

I also enabled DEBUG on IC, wow, something you do not want to do for
long on a production system!!!  As you can see below, it appears that
the MV_ORDER_ROUTE set at the ord/checkout page was ignored as the
MV_ORDER_ROUTE is still operating off the default.

-- snipped from the icdebug file --
Vend::Util:debug: send_mail: to=mmb2c@midwest-microwave.com subj=ORDER
400040 r= mime=1

and here is the mainUK from the catalog.cfg route setup:

Route mainUK  <<EOF
        attach            0
        credit_card       1
        default           1
        email             'mmB2C@Midwest-Microwave.ltd.uk'
        MailOrderTo       'mmB2C@Midwest-Microwave.ltd.uk'
        encrypt           0
        errors_to         'mmB2C@Midwest-Microwave.ltd.uk'
        pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
        pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
        receipt           etc/receipt.html
        report            etc/report
        supplant          1
        individual_track  orders
        track             logs/tracking.asc
EOF

I've checked and double checked to stupid mistakes, like my earlier
.ltd.uk and .com foobar, but even when that was corrected, the problem
still was resolved...  All of this pretty much convinces me that my
'routing override' is failing and I'm not certian as to why...

Regards,

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028