[ic] Customizing the flex_select in new AdminUI

Thu Nov 7 17:47:00 2002

Quoting Rene Hertell (interchange-users@hertell.com):
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible in the new AdminUI to pull values from other tables for
> display on the flex_select page? I have to edit a table that contains
> multiple foreign keys, and I would need to display the name of that entry on
> the flex_select page.
>
> This is what I have now on the flex_select page:
>
> []1   23            4           345
> []2   24            4           234
>
> And this is what I should try to get:
>
> []1   Sport team    Athlete     John Doe
> []2   Office team   Secretary   Joan Moe
>
> I could make a custom flex_select page for each table, but that would be a
> behind really much work (I would need 10 pages of this sort.. )
>

> Awaiting for any response,

Not yet (though see below). I am waiting on the HTML for the new UI
look and feel, and at that point it will be a standard option for
the new [table-select] tag, which will replace flex_select.html.

You can, though, put a filter on any field displayed in the
select. I have not tested this recently,  but there is a "lookup"
filter and you might try putting in your select fields:

	team_id(lookup.team.name)
	athlete_type_id(lookup.athlete.description)

Assuming the table name for the indirect is "team", and the column
is "name".

You can of course write your own custom filter to do whatever
you want.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

I don't buy from direct telephone or email marketers.  This makes it
hard for me to find a phone company. ;>