[ic] automatic import recieved mail messages into interchange database?

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 8 09:04:00 2002

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 02:31:57PM +0100, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 22:29:04 +0900
> murahashi <murahashi@ayayu.com> wrote:
>
> > Racke.
> >
> > Thank you , but I'm novice user. So could you pleae give me more details?
> > I can't understand configure the MTA to deliver to.
> > What documentation should I read ? Sendmail?
>
> Depends on which MTA runs on your server. Might be as simple as the following
> entry in /etc/aliases:
>
> service: "|/usr/local/bin/customerservice.pl"
>
> The /usr/local/bin/customerservice.pl script should be really easy to write.

I'd suggest for a novice user that it would be MUCH better
use of time to put the effort into investigating a reasonable MUA.

Putting mail into db and displaying reliably gets messy
when you start getting into MIME types, attachments and
encrypted messages.