[ic] Cookie problem or what?

Ryan Grace interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Nov 8 18:25:01 2002

Hi All,

I've got a site with two links in the top region of
each page, 'Account' and 'Login', both of which send
the user to the login page if they're not already
logged in.  Originally, after logging in via either
link the user ended up at the customerservice page.  I
decided that I would like the user to end up back at
the home page if they logged in using the 'Login' link
and go to the customerservice page if using the
'Account' link.

To accomplish this I changed the links in the top
region from:

[page login]Login</a>
[page customerservice]Account</a>

to:

[page href=login form="spg=index"]Login</a>
[page href=customerservice form="spg=customerservice"]

and added this to login.html:

[if cgi spg][seti mv_successpage][cgi spg][/seti][/if]

This seemed to work fine at first.  When I log in
using the Login link I am indeed taken back to the
index page afterwards.  When I use the Account link to
login I do end up at the customerservice page
afterwards.

The problem comes when I log in using the Login link,
end up at the index page, and then click the Account
link.  I'm told:

"Sorry, the page () was not found"

At which time if I click on the ever-present Account
link at the top of the page again I end up at
customerservice like I expect to.  Those are the only
circumstances that cause the problem - login link
first, then account link.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here?
I'm thinking cookie problem, but don't know how to
confirm/debunk that idea.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan